The bourbon boom has brought great whiskey to parts of the U.S. where the brown spirit was never made before.
And thanks to the latest Lost Lantern series, you can now find great bourbon from Nevada’s deserts to Texas’ wide-open plains, and from the Midwest to the mountains of Colorado.
Lost Lantern, the independent bottler of American whiskey founded by Nora Ganley-Roper and Adam Polonski, shines a light on the depth and breadth of bourbon.
“As an independent bottler, we routinely work with all styles of American whiskey, including bourbon,” Polonski said, in a prepared statement. “However, we have never devoted such a large release entirely to one single style of whiskey.”
But, he said, the proliferation of bourbon demands it.
“The bourbon world has transformed, and we want to showcase the incredible quality and ingenuity coming from all over the country,” Polonski added.
With this in mind, Lost Lantern recently introduced their Summer of Bourbon, which includes eight whiskies ranging across all three of its product lines: the Blend Series (blends of whiskies from multiple distilleries), the Single Distillery Series (blends of multiple casks from a single distillery that showcase a unique side of that distillery) and the Single Cask Series (whiskies from a single barrel from a single distillery).
Starting July 26th, the full Summer of Bourbon Collection will be available for sale online at www.lostlanternwhiskey.com and at Seelbachs.com. Select releases will be available in California, New York, Kentucky, and Alberta, Canada.
- Lost Lantern Far-Flung Bourbon (582 Bottles | 136.8 Proof) SRP: $110
SINGLE DISTILLERY SERIES
- Lost Lantern Soaring Spice Frey Ranch Distillery Nevada Straight Bourbon Whiskey (900 Btls | 127.6 Proof) SRP: $100
SINGLE CASK SERIES
- Lost Lantern Frey Ranch Distillery Nevada Straight Bourbon Single Cask (217 Btls | 137.2 Proof) SRP: $110
- Lost Lantern Boulder Spirits Colorado Straight Bourbon Single Cask (151 Btls | 142.6 Proof) SRP: $120
- Lost Lantern Ironroot Republic Texas Straight Bourbon Single Cask (167 Btls | 137.3 Proof) SRP: $120
- Lost Lantern Still Austin Texas Straight Bourbon Single Cask (167 Btls | 103.8 Proof) SRP: $80
- Lost Lantern Tom’s Foolery Ohio Straight Bourbon Single Cask (171 Btls | 113.8 Proof) SRP: $120
- Lost Lantern New Riff Kentucky Straight Bourbon Single Cask (214 Btls | 114.2 Proof) SRP: $90
All the Summer of Bourbon releases come bottled at natural cask strength, and are labeled with the source distillery or distilleries.
The Summer of Bourbon includes the first new entry in Lost Lantern’s Blend Series since 2020, when the independent bottler introduced American Vatted Malt Edition No. 1.
Far-Flung Bourbon is a blend of straight bourbons from four distilleries in four states that have never been blended before: Frey Ranch in Nevada, Boulder Spirits in Colorado, Watershed Distillery in Ohio, and Still Austin Whiskey Co. in Texas.
The release also includes the first bourbon in Lost Lantern’s Single Distillery Series: Soaring Spice, from Frey Ranch Distillery in Nevada.
It also includes six different single casks from six distilleries in five states: Frey Ranch in Nevada, Boulder Spirits in Colorado, Ironroot Republic in Texas, Still Austin in Texas, Tom’s Foolery in Ohio, and New Riff in Kentucky.
“The Summer of Bourbon shows that great bourbon can take many different forms,” Ganley-Roper said. “It can be made in many different ways in climates and aging conditions that are utterly different from each other, having a huge impact on flavor.”
For more information, check out www.lostlanternwhiskey.com.
Read the full article at It’s The Summer Of Bourbon For Independent Bottler Lost Lantern